Living In Sarasota Link Business and Development Link Visiting Sarasota Link Inside City Government Link Online Services Link City Calendars Link

City of Sarasota Home

Submit Requests, Concerns, Feedback & Report Graffiti


Charter Officials

City Departments

Police Department

Public Works

Van Wezel Performing
Arts Hall

Access 19 TV

Help Against Discrimination

Online Services


Charter Officials-City Auditor & Clerk
City of Sarasota Logo
City Hall
1565 First Street
Sarasota, FL 34236

For Immediate Release: January 17, 2012


Sarasota, FL: The Green Hopper, a low speed vehicle service, will continue to offer complimentary shuttle service around the Burns Square Business District during a temporary partial closure of Ringling Boulevard. Based on ridership during a trial period last week, the new hours of operation for the Ringling Roundabout Express will be:

• Monday – Saturday 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• Thursday – Saturday 6:30 p.m. – 2 a.m. (regular Green Hopper hours -- on call service only)

There will be 17 convenient stops along Pineapple Avenue, Gulfstream Avenue, Lemon Avenue, Main Street, Orange Avenue, Selby Lane and Palm Avenue to help pedestrians accessing the Burns Square Business District. For a complete list of Ringling Roundabout Express stops click here. To view a revised route map click here.

For safety reasons, the construction zone where two roundabouts are being built on Ringling Boulevard at Pineapple Avenue and Palm is now completely fenced.

During 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. hours, contact the Green Hopper at 877-323-7238 ext. 2. From 6:30 p.m. – 2 a.m., press 5 to speak with a driver.

For more information about the roundabouts and to register for project updates visit or contact project manager Neil Gaines: 941-365-2200 ext. 6309


Click Below to Access
Frequently Asked Questions Site Map
Contact Us - send us an email
City of Sarasota address: 1565 1st Street, Sarasota, FL, 34236,
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.